The “Writing Challenge” for Day 16 is something that I miss. Gosh. I miss so many things…. some are super lame, some are super deep. Let’s get to listing since you know that’s what I like to do.
From ages 1-12, I miss….
- Never worrying
- Being naiive to life’s complexities
- Play dates
- Five hundred best friends
- Eating apple juice and cookies every day
- Getting whatever you wanted
- Not paying bills
- Polly Pockets
- Toys R Us
- Wearing Power-puff girl headbands
- Rolling Backpacks
- “Half Days” in Elementary school
- Ding Dong Dtich
- First crush feels
- American Girl
- Girl Scouts
- Slumber parties
- Excitement of finding out who would be your teacher next year, and which friends were in your class
- Art class
- Library class
- Jumping Rope
- Never buying my own clothes
From ages 13-15, I miss….
- New friends in Middle School
- Thinking Middle School was so hard but not knowing the reality of what was coming my way
- Eating Bacon Egg & Cheese everyday and never worrying about my weight (ha!)
- Going to a bajillion concerts (this was my rocker-scene phase)
- Meeting so many famous bands
- Being so free to do so many things
From ages 16 to 18, I miss…..
- I do not miss high school, I really didn’t enjoy it that much. But I miss how simple it was. I really wasn’t prepared for the reality of college but, I adjusted.
- Having all my friends in one building
- Having more time to do things
- Never studying, and still passing
- Being so excited for my first semester of college
- Having my dad (I lost him when I was 18)
- The friends I made in my first semester that I never see that often anymore because of schedule conflicts (welcome to the real world!)
From ages 19 to just before this semester I miss…..
- Not studying so much in my Pre-Requisites and still getting all A’s (Meanwhile now I am stressed like crazy to just get a B.)
- Going out
- Working out
- Seeing my friends
- Not panicking if I don’t study one night
- Not having panic attacks
- Having 0 grey hairs
- Never having to moisturize in fear of stress wrinkles
- Working every weekend without a care in the world!
- Staying out late on school nights
- Having a life…. basically
Winter Break is just around the corner! Today was the “last day of my semester.” I put this in quotations because I still have school, because of finals and studying a sh*t ton, but I don’t actually have to sit down in school and learn. Tomorrow I have a final in Echocardiography. Monday, I have an Abdominal Final, and a Physics Final. Then Wednesday is my last final, OBGYN. Then I finally am off of school the 23rd of December… Happy holidays. #Eyeroll
Thanks for reading. If you’re a student, good luck on finals!